Chatroulette

30 Apr

Last week, a coworker presented a few case studies about Chatroulette, a website that pairs random strangers for webcam-based conversations.  Sounds kind of creepy, huh?  Well, it was very informative presentation and as a one-time Chatroulette visitor for educational purposes, I was intrigued by his research.  And by “educational”, I do mean learning about the latest interactive chatting forum that was created in “2 days and 2 nights” by some 17-year old guy in Moscow. I promise.

14% of Chatroulette participants are classified as “perverts” by Mashable.com so it’s certainly not for the faint of heart (hence, why I’m only a one-time visitor).  Regardless, if my calculations are correct, that leaves 86% as “non-perverts”.  So what are those non-perverts doing?

Batman v. Obama

Man Cat


In general, I’m still very creeped out and guarantee you won’t be seeing my face pop up on your screen any time soon.

For more great Chatroulette screenshots, see this blog.

Advertisements

One Response to “Chatroulette”

  1. Meet People Webcam September 28, 2011 at 10:03 am #

    Thanks for your marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you may be a great author. I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and will come back in the foreseeable future. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great job, have a nice afternoon!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: